Job ad: Project Managers & Communications Manager
The European Fact-Checking Standards Network (EFCSN) represents over 50 European organisations, promoting high standards in fact-checking and media literacy to combat misinformation for public benefit. Committed to the principles of freedom of expression, the EFCSN and its verified members work to ensure public access to trustworthy, fact-checked information and educate the public on assessing information veracity in the public sphere.
We are currently seeking dedicated Project Managers and a Communications Manager for several exciting projects, where they will coordinate fact-checks and research across European fact-checking organisations.
General responsibilities for Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Monitor closely the timeliness and quality of work done by partners; ensure that all milestones and deliverables are achieved on-time.
- Monitor project budget
- Be point of contact for verified EFCSN members and project partners in all matters concerning the project
- Communicate progress of the project to the Governance Body of the EFCSN and the EFCSN Coordinator
- Prepare regular reportings to the funder (weekly email updates outlining milestones and next steps; quarterly reports; calls with funder)
General requirements for all positions
- Ability or experience in project management and to facilitate collaboration among diverse stakeholders
- Understanding of combating disinformation, fact-checking and journalism
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English – both speaking and writing
Both individuals and companies, including freelancers and agencies, can apply.
Applicants may apply for multiple positions. Please state clearly in your application which of the following positions you are applying for.
Position 1: Project Manager for the EE24 Check Project
EE24 Check project aims to increase cross-country collaboration in detecting and debunking European electoral disinformation across the EU for the European elections in June 2024. The project involves the creation of digital tools by subcontractors which have been already chosen.
- Duration: 7 months full-time (5 days per week) starting in January 2024
- Additional requirement: Previous experience in coordinating tech partners in a project or in a product management role
For this position it would be advantageous if you have proficiency in working with data management and technological solutions for structuring and analysing data. And proficiency in or understanding of creating user friendly digital tools
Position 2: Project Manager for an European media literacy Project
The project aims at training fact-checking organisations in Europe in fundamental skills. The training program will be operated by skilled fact-checking organisations and the trainees will be small fact-checking organisations, mostly in Central and Eastern Europe. The goal is to improve the capacity of the fact-checking community in Europe.
- Duration: 5 months starting in February 2024
- Workdays: 13 days per month
- Additional responsibilities: Leading and coordinating a media literacy project, organising workshops
For this position it would be advantageous if you have experience in developing educational programs and/or training professionals in journalism or similar fields. And experience or understanding of combating disinformation and fact-checking, including digital research methods, verification techniques, and operational procedures.
Position 3: Project Manager for an European climate project
The project aims at conducting cross-border investigations and gathering data on disinformation in the field of climate. This project will be closely related to the EE24 Check project (see Position 1).
- Duration: 6 months starting as soon as possible
- Workdays: 7 days per month
- Additional responsibilities: Overseeing and leading a climate project, coordinating research activities, collaborating with external partners
For this position it would be advantageous if you have strong background or familiarity with fact-checking climate-related issues.
Position 4: Communications Manager
This position aims at communicating on the three projects described in Positions 1, 2 and 3.
- Duration: 7 months starting as soon as possible
- Workdays: 5 days per month
- Responsibilities: Developing and implementing communication strategies, media relations, stakeholder management, working with project managers in order to implement a relevant communication strategy for the above mentioned three projects
For this position it would be advantageous if you have a background in journalism, communication and PR and high level of English written and verbal communication skills.
Additional information for all positions
- Remote Working: Positions are remote, allowing work from anywhere in Europe
- Working Language: English
- Inclusive Recruitment Process: We strive to see candidates at their best, recognizing individual strengths and contributions. We aim for a respectful, supportive recruitment process, focusing on learning and development. Reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure a fair process for all.
- Interviews: Interviews will be conducted via video call.
- The positions may involve occasional travel.
The salary will be negotiated between the applicants and the EFCSN.
For details, please contact [email protected].
How to apply
We offer an inspiring work environment where you can make a real difference. If you are interested in any of these positions and meet the requirements, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 31st December 2023.
Interviews will take place at the beginning of January.
We look forward to receiving your application.